One of the simplest casino games is 3 card poker. Many new gamblers often try this game to start their gambling journey because it is easy to understand, and you play only against the dealer and not other players. Here is how you play the game.
Rules to Play 3 Card Poker
Once you make the (initial) ante bet, the dealer gives you three cards, face down, and three cards to himself. You then look at your cards and fold (forfeit your bet) or call (make an additional bet equal to the first one). After this, both players reveal their cards.
The dealer’s hand must be Queen high or better for the dealer hand to play.
- If they do not play, players compare their hands.
- If the player hand loses, the ante and play wagers are lost.
- If the player hand wins, the players get the ante and play bets in 1:1 ratio.
- If the hands are tied, then there is no action on either wager.
Now that you know the rules, here are the strategies you should remember when you play 3 card poker online with real money in India.
Strategies to Win 3 Card Poker
- Do Not Play Blind
The nature of the game is such that the only decision you have to make is whether you want to play or fold. So, most players play their hands blind. However, the typical house edge is 3.4%, but if you play blind, the house edge rises to 7.6%. Hence, mathematically, playing blind can put you in a worse position.
- When to Bet
Different gambling professionals will have varying strategies to decide when to bet and when to fold. Some of the standard guidelines given to novices are:
- If you have a Queen-or-higher card, and the second-highest card is a 7 or higher, then bet
- If you have a Queen-or-higher card, and the second-highest card is a 6, bet only if the third card is a 5 or 4.
- If you have any other combination, fold.
- Capitalise on Bonuses
If you are ready to take risks to earn big bucks, you should go for the bonus options. If you get a flush (any three cards of the same suit), most tables will pay you 4:1 on the ante bet. If you have a straight flush (three consecutive cards of the same suit), your payment is usually 5:1 on the ante. Some casinos offer additional bonuses like mini-royals (Ace, King and Queen of the same suit).
- How to Use the Pair Plus
To make a bet on Pair Plus, all you need to do is place a chip or chips on the Pair Plus betting spot marked in front of you on the table. In the Pair Plus bets, payoffs increase, but the house edge goes up as well. A straight flush when you opt for a pair plus can pay you up to 40:1 on the ante! Expert players know when to use this technique, but if you are a novice, it is better to use this strategy sparingly.
Compare Different Casinos
Ultimately, the goal is to make the most money from the game. If you play 3 card poker online, you should consider multiple online sites before choosing one. Some factors you should consider are:
- Interface and ease of playing: are the rules clear, is the dealer fair, and so on
- Availability of mobile versions: most amateurs and non-professional gamblers play casino games on their mobile because they can play wherever they are
- Payoffs – the higher, the better. Compare the payout ratio for standard scenarios: some casinos might offer 6:1 for a straight flush while others give 5:1
Reading reviews and learning more about the sites give you a clear picture of how good the site is. As far as tactics to win 3 card poker are concerned, all the strategies that you use in offline casinos work equally well in online sites too.
One of the main reasons why 3 card poker has become popular is that it depends on your skill and not just luck. With these strategies, you can easily win money in online casinos and mobile gambling apps.